Trade shows and conferences are one of the best ways for sales reps to meet new prospects and connect with existing clients. Conversations that go down in person are more meaningful and have lasting results, especially since face to face interactions are becoming rarer in this digital age. However, sponsoring events can be costly, making them fewer and farther in between. So when your company does sponsor that premier event and sends you cross-country, you better make it worth their while and score some big deals. No pressure. How can you ensure that you’re making the most of the experience, every step of the way? The answer is video.
Motion picture is a powerful medium that’s a game changer when it comes to events, and is applicable throughout every phase. Here are some tips on how best to use it:
Leading Up to the Show
- Send an appealing invitation: a unique and unsolicited way to stand out to those prospects or clients, who are getting plagued by tons of other cold calls and templated emails.
- Inform without being boring: highlight all the details of where you’ll be, what you’ll be showcasing, etc. Promote any special plans, such as prize giveaways or after parties.
- Prepare prospects to meet you: attendees will recognise you at the show, taking out the initial awkward guessing game.
On the Floor
- Entice and engage with attendees on the floor: Show live demos, conduct interviews and capture the action, all on your smartphone and without leaving your booth.
- Record message with your new leads: By capturing your conversation on camera, you and your prospect will remember what you spoke about.
Following Up After
- Stand out from the rest: While attendees are getting bombarded with follow up emails, video breaks through the mass of boring, plain text emails.
- Revive the conversation: Sending your prospect the video that you recorded on the floor will refresh their mind of you and your conversation, keeping the post-show momentum going.
There are a million ways to get creative with video. Tell a good story, make it upbeat and incorporate calls to action. Perhaps the most important thing to remember is to not get over complicated. Keep it short and sweet, because engaging viewers in those first few precious seconds is crucial. So what’s the easiest and most cost effective way to do this? With OneMob. Our mobile platform allows you to:
- Capture prospect and customer feedback in the moment to leverage later
- Share the experience with attendees in real time and post to Chatter & communities
- Brand with your company or event logo
Want to know more about how OneMob can help you at events? Sign up now to try it for free.